DLT #: AT2807
Gardner-Denver Universal Jumbo Twin Boom Drill
- The Gardner-Denver Jumbo is a multi-purpose machine, and is not restricted to only one function, such as drilling parallel holes. The Universal, as the name implies, drills burn cuts, V-cuts, cross cuts, stopes, rock-bolt holes, etc.
- The heavy-duty undercarriage features a one piece rigid structural frame, heavy-duty planetary axles, low pressure wide tires.
- A highly efficient power steering combined with short wheel base, reduces the turn radius to a minimum. Automotive type steering that allows the Jumbo to tram close to the wall, without fear of "locking side" as in case of articulated steering. The compactness, low profile and operator side seating feature permits the machine to negotiate headings as small as 10' (3.05 m) wide x 9' (2.7 m) high.
Highly mobile, highly flexible, the Universal Jumbo uses the building block design to give you the combination of components and options you want. And as the conditions and assignments change so can the Jumbo.
This basic drill carriage can be put to a number of mining tasks by assembling various combinations of engineered "building block" components.
WEIGHTS ● SPECIFICATIONS ● DIMENSIONS
Standard Universal Jumbo Components List
- Heavy Duty Undercarriage
- Control Console and Counterweights
- Hydraulic Outriggers
- Model JHPU Hydraulic Pump
- Model 1028560 Remote Drill Controls
- Model 154200 10 Gallon Rock Oil Lubricator Reservoir
- Two Model JTI Rota-Booms
- Two Model DPT Positioners, 5' feed extension
- Two Model 2MSM120R Feeds
- Two Model PR55 Drills
Design Features and Specifications
- 4-Wheel drive.
- Power steering.
- Power brakes.
- Deutz Model F620912 W Air Cooled Diesel Engine.
- 4-speed forward/reverse transmission with optional speed ranges.
- Drilling floodlights in vibration resistant fixtures.
- Carrier tramming lights.
- Operator's console with valves grouped for convenient operation.
- Swing-out type hydraulic valve mountings for access to fittings.
- Side seating.
- Choice of water batch or oxy-catalyst, U.S.B.M. approved.
- Rotary air valves for precise regulation and throttling of feed and drill.
- Pressure regulated feed valves for varying ground conditions.
- Air and hydraulic pressure gauges with protective covers.
- 15:00 x 22.5 HRL Tires
- 10-gallon (37.8 lit.) capacity lubricating oil tank, with individual regulation of oil flow to drills, feeds and air motors
- Hydraulic Outriggers
- Hydraulic power always available from diesel engine or external air supply.
- Maximum speed 4.2 M.P.H. (7.4 km/hr.).
- Gradeability - 35%.
- Approximate operating weight - 32,000 lbs. (14,500 kg.).
Boom and Positioner Combination
- JTI-DPT Boom and Positioner Combination is a roll-over-type Boom for full face coverage
- 360º rollover capability; full-circle coverage pattern; eliminates blind spots
- Rotation in both directions allows the hose harness to be kept clear from damage or twisting
- Rollover reaches the lower toe holes at the bottom of the tunnel face
- Completely enclosed rotation mechanism prevents debris from jamming the Boom
- A wide RANGE of drilling components, feeds, and drills can be mounted on the Boom; choice of right or left hand mounting; vertical or horizontal bracket
- Hydraulically operated, easily controlled; for swift and POSITIVE positioning all cylinders include checkvalves to LOCK the boom in set position in the event of power loss or hydraulic fluid leakage
- Drill positioner can be REMOVED from the the boom; replacement by stock units reduces costly downtime and assists maintenance programs
- Rigid construction; provides a RIGID mounting for feed and drill components; PRECISE drilling; reduces wear; mounts longer feeds and larger drills
- Simple maintenance; all swivel joints are easily lubricated or REPLACEABLE; insure maximum SERVICE life of major components
- Multiple Booms; several units can be combined on a single jumbo rig to provide a MAXIMUM coverage pattern
The JTI 144 Boom and DPT Positioner used as a combination unit result inthese maximum overall equipment capacities.
Boom Pivot Point in the front view of the mounting bracket is shown as seenfrom the drilling face looking at the base of the Boom.
JTI-DPT Coverage pattern as seen from the base of the Boom looking at thedrilling face. This coverage pattern shows maximum parallel-hole drilling withan aluminum shell screw feed and a standard drifter drill. (Each square = 1foot or 305 mm)
|TABLE OF WEIGHTS|
|JTI Boom & DPT Positioner without a Feed Extension |
|JTI Boom & DPT Positioner with a 2 ft. (.61 m) Feed Extension |
|JTI Boom & DPT Positioner with a 3 ft. (.91 m) Feed Extension |
|JTI Boom & DPT Positioner with a 5 ft. (1.5 m) Feed Extension |
- Rugged Construction
- Strong, extra-high web, wide-way Guide Shell and 1-1/2 H.P. In-Line Motor provide dependable service...High strength, light weight aluminum shell.
- Remote Controls or Integral Control Valve Option
- The radial piston Feed Motor provides a very accurately controlled feed pressure. Choose the remote control style or the integral control Valve and Handle right on the Motor. Fast Drill return speed in reverse control.
- Exact Drill Travel Lengths
- Full range of Shell-and-Screw lengths to provide the exact Drill travel needed for every drilling operation.
- Low Maintenance
- Provided by Gardner-Denver quality design in all Bearings, Seals, Bumpers, and Fasteners plus built-in gear lubrication oil chamber.
Wide Range of Gardner-Denver Modular Drilling Equipment...
- Aluminum Shell Screw Feed and Motor
- Power Centralizers
- Wide range of Drill models
- Sectional Drill Rod equipment in many sizes
- Integral one-pass Drill Rods
- Versatile Remote Control Valve units
- Automated push-button drilling cycle Controls
- All types of Positioners, Booms, and mounting systems
|2MSB Series MODEL NO. 2MSB144 ||L |
Overall Length of Mounting Only
Typical Travel Length
|Weight of Mounting||Boxed Shipping Dimensions||Boxed Shipping Weight|
|U.S. Inches||Metric mm||U.S. Inches||Metric mm||U.S. Lbs.||Metric kg||U.S. Inches||Metric mm||U.S. Lbs.||Metric kg|
- Plastic Water Tube
- Nonstellited Ways
- Closed Chuck End
- Rotation Air Motor with 10-1 gear reduction, Stall Torque 250 ft. lbs.
- Friction Free Bearings
- Reversible bronze Chuck
- Positive Pressurized Chuck End
- Replaceable Ways
- Integral Muffle
- Side Exhaust or alternate
- Top-Bottom Exhaust, 111 dBa at 1 meter at 90 psi (621 kPa)
- Double supported reversible Hammer
- Hole Size Range
- 1-1/2" - 3-1/2" Diam.
- 38 mm - 89 mm Diam.
- Hammer Air - 1-1/2" I.D., 38 mm
- Rotation Air - 1" I.D., 25 mm
- Blow Air or Water 3/4" I.D., 19 mm
- Drill Rod
- 1-1/4" Hex - 32 mm
- 1-1/4" Rd., 32 mm
- 1" Q.O., 25 mm
- 1" Hex, 25 mm
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 21 July, 2010.