Joy Compressor Parts Fluff
Portable Air Compressor Parts
Thomas Equipment maintains a large
selection of parts for Joy Compressors to keep your investment running
the bottom of the page to view some of the used inventory we pull parts
research inquiries from our Vast Library regarding:
RP Units, V Series, S and
XS series, RPS
and RPQ series, QP Series and Q2, Q3, and Q4 Series Units
We Carry and Get Many Kinds of New and
Used Joy Compressor Parts
Rotor Shaft Seals
Compressor or Engine Air Filters
Air Oil Separators
Compressor Oil Filters
Subtractive Pilot Valves
Instrument Panel Gauges
Manuals and Parts Catalogs
Air Rotor Vanes
Plus Many More! Give Us a Call Because We Most Likely Have What
You Are Looking For!
Call 1-603-363-4706 for all your Joy
The Joy "Quiet Power" Compressor is a portable,
single stage, flood
lubricated, screw-type air compressor. The compressor is a two wheel
mounted unit which provides maneuverability and ease of towing. The
entire unit is enclosed in a weather tight acoustical enclosure.
The complete operating unit consists of the
following major components:
Power Unit, Compressor Assembly, Air-Oil Separator, Cooling System,
Instrument Panel, Control System, and an Acoustical Enclosure.
The power unit used to drive the compressor may be a
gasoline or diesel
engine which has been carefully selected for its ability to provide an
efficient and reliable source of power.
The compressor assembly is a positive displacement,
rotary screw type unit employing one stage of compression to achieve
the desired pressure. Components include a housing (stator) two screws
(rotors), bearings and bearing supports. Power from the engine is
transferred to the male rotor through a coupling and gears in the gear
housing. The female rotor is rotated by the male rotor. There are four
lobes on the male rotor while the female rotor has six.
Air Compressor Safety Precautions
Safety is basically common sense. There are standard
safety rules but
each situation has its own peculiarities which cannot always be covered
by rules. Therefore with yourexperience and common sense, you are in a
position to do something about safety. Lack of attention to safety can
result in: accidents, personal injury, reduction of efficiency and
worst of all - loss of life. Watch for safety hazards. Correct
promptly. Use the following safety precautions as a general guide to
- Do not attempt to remove any compressor parts without first
relieving the entire system of pressure.
- Do not attempt to service any part while machine is operating.
- Do not attempt to refuel machine while it is operating.
- Fuel cap must be replaced after refueling.
- Do not operate the compressor at pressure or speed in excess of
its rating as indicated in "Compressor Specifications".
- Always disconnect and tape the positive battery lead before
working on the electrical system.
- Periodically check all safety devices for proper operation.
- Do not play with compressed air. Pressurized air can cause
serious injury to personnel.
- Tools, rags or loose parts must not be left on the compressor or
- Do not use flammable solvents for cleaning parts.
cleanliness during maintenance and when making repairs. Keep dirt away
from parts by covering parts and exposed openings.
- Do not operate the compressor without guards in place.
- Do not install a shut-off valve between the compressor and
compressor oil sump.
- Do not disconnect or by-pass safety circuit system.
- Do not install safety devices other than authorized Joy
- Close all openings and replace all panels before operating
Do not use compressed air for
breathing air. Such usage, whether
supplied immediately from the compressor source, or supplied to tanks
for subsequent use can cause Serious Bodily Injury. Do not operate
compressor in areas where there is a possibility of ingesting flammable
or toxic fumes into the compressor.
D800QP, D800Q2, RPS800, RPQ800, D750Q3,
D750Q4, D1100QP, RPS1200, RPS1050, RPQ1050, D1300Q2, D1300QP, RPS600,
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 01 February, 2010.